Help: The official Terms of Service include only the items that are not italicized. The words which are italicized serve as an explanation of the basic meaning of each clause, but they do not constitute a legally binding representation of the TOS itself.
Based on this blog post we wrote in 2007, we decided that, for both fun and profit, we would have our own Terms of Service. They are below.
- Binding terms
- License rights
- Restrictions to License
- No warranty, limitation of liability
- Changes to this agreement
These Terms of Service, or TOS constitute an agreement between “you,” the visitor to this site, and the owners of this website, which shall be referred to hereafter as The Blog of Justice, or the BOJ.
Internal Terms of Service (Read before rest of TOS)
By reading this TOS, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in the following secondary TOS. hereafter referred to as the “internal TOS”:
- You agree to not copy or reproduce the TOS or internal TOS in any form. This includes, but is not limited to, printing, taking screenshots, copying the text for reproduction in a box larger than 5″ by 3″ inches, memexing, or audio transcription.
Note that these are only examples, and do not grant you license to do any other actions not mentioned here.
- You agree that all disagreements and arbitrations regarding the TOS, or the internal TOS, will be settled by an arbitration board under the jurisdiction of the state of Minnesota (MN). By reading this internal TOS, or the TOS following, you agree to waive your right to a civil trial with the BOJ. Should you not agree to waive that right, please discontinue reading and do not continue accessing any of the BOJ’s materials.
Binding terms (This TOS applies to visitors of this site)
The Blog of Justice includes, but is not necessarily limited to: Any and all of the web site accessible under the address http://blog.strafenet.com, as well as any respective content hosted through this domain. By visiting this site and accessing any of its content, you acknowledge that you have made an agreement with the BOJ’s owners, constituted by this document. If you do not agree to any part of the TOS, you must refrain from viewing or accessing the BOJ in any way, directly or indirectly.
License (links are OK, copying is not!)
Under these Terms of Service, the owners of the BOJ grant you an exclusive, non-transferable license to (i) view, (ii) link to, and (iii) cite excerpts of the content on the BOJ.
- Viewing is defined here as using a web browser or other software to view content from the BOJ, through the Internet. Viewing does NOT include any retrieval that includes permanent storage; the content viewed must be directly requested from the BOJ.
- Linking to is defined is posting a web address that points to content on the BOJ. Further description may not include anything besides what is described below regarding citing excerpts.
- Excerpts are defined as using a web page to reproduce any content from the BOJ, provided that (a) this content not exceed 500 characters in length, (b) that this content link reference the BOJ as its source and provide a readily accessible means of reaching the content reproduced. You may not exceed this 500 character limit on any given excerpt, and any excerpt or group of excerpts that you reproduce must not in any way constitute an attempt to reconstruct a whole page of BOJ content.
Restrictions to License
Under this license, you agree not to use the content on the BOJ for any purpose not defined in the previous section. These include, but are not limited to: reusing whole pages or reconstructions of the BOJ’s content on another website with or without citation, any use of this content in print media, and anything else.
No Warranty, Limitation of Liability
The BOJ’s owners are not responsible for anything resulting from your use of this content. By agreeing to this TOS you use it at your own risk, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify the BOJ and its owners from any damages that may occur during, before, or after your use of the BOJ.
Changes to this agreement
This agreement can be modified at any time. We will take reasonable measures to ensure that the agreement is up to date and that you may review the TOS as it changes. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the TOS to determine that you are still in compliance with its terms.